Interested in Business? Finance? Technology? Are you looking for a fast–paced, exciting and dynamic work environment to challenge your existing skills? Are you interested in using data analytics to solve complex business, operational and investigatory issues? Do you have a curiosity towards technology advancement in data analytics? Are you looking for a career where you can combine all of these interests without limiting your industry exposure? If so, Deloitte is seeking Data Scientist for Deloitte China’s Data Analytics Institute. The Deloitte Analytics Institute is a Center of Excellence enabling the use of analytics in all the functions of Deloitte: Consulting, Enterprise Risk Services, Financial Advisory Services, Tax and Audit.
Today’s business environment generates vast amounts of data and information, and almost all of this information is captured and stored in computerized form. DA helps business, finance and risk managers understand this electronic data and put it into context. Our clients include the largest companies in banking, insurance, manufacturing, telecommunications, technology, energy and resources and other industries.
– Explore diverse data sources and learn from different types of data to get insights and estimate future trends,
– Deliver professional solutions based on advanced modeling techniques and statistical analysis,
– Develop predictive analytics applications related to Business applications,
– Propose optimization and testing models for functional business analysts,
– Serve as subject matter expert and drive thought leadership in the areas of identifying business needs.
– Must be statistics-minded, able to build data models for various purpose (likelihood, propensity, etc.).
– High level proficiency with statistics tools: SPSS, SAS, R
– Big data experience with Hadoop is a plus
– Must have experience in data mining application for different industries and businesses
– Experience with Natural Language Processing preferred,
– Experience with Machine Learning preferred,
– English and Chinese skills required,
– Fresh Grads welcome and 5-10 industry experience is a big plus,
– Master’s Degree / PhD in a quantitative field (e.g., Computer Science, Economics, Engineering, Mathematics, Finance, Statistics, Operations Research, Physics).