Are you passionate about marketing and want to work in a fast paced environment? Are you good at building relationships and working cross-functionally throughout an organization? This role may be for you!
Best Buy, North America’s leading consumer electronics retailer, is seeking a Manager, Media Strategy to oversee all aspects of paid media for assigned campaigns/ product categories, with a strong emphasis on digital media.
What does a Manager, Media Strategy do?
The Manager, Media Strategy will work with internal marketing teams to understand specific business and marketing goals, and oversees the creation and execution of paid media plans within the context of the overall marketing mix. In addition, this role is responsible for building and maintaining a deep understanding of media success drivers and applying learnings to future campaigns.
What will be the focus for the Manager, Media Strategy?
This individual is accountable for all aspects of paid media for their assigned campaigns and product categories with an emphasis on digital media. Success, among many criteria, will depend upon significant collaboration, particularly with the business groups and execution of their campaigns.
The major areas of focus and responsibility for this role are:Develop data driven paid media recommendations that support key business and marketing goals and objectives
- Manage the entire media planning process from strategy through implementation working with brand/ category marketing and other internal business teams; direct media agency on creation and execution for assigned media plans
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with media agency, brand/ category marketing and cross functional marketing partners (i.e. creative, social media, finance, research, etc)
- Provide direction and guidance on assigned media plans as the day to day contact for the media agency
- Deliver ongoing paid media thought leadership and education to marketing partners
- Analyze and report on media performance; utilize industry trends, business environment and media results (including insights from media mix optimization and attribution tools) to improve future strategies and plan recommendations
- Ensure media budgets are maintained by working closely with brand/ category marketing and finance partners
What are the professional qualifications of a Manager, Media Strategy?
- 8+ years progressive media planning experience in advertising agency or client setting
- 4+ years people or resource leadership experience
- 4+ years digital planning and/or buying experience; familiarity with display, digital video, mobile/ tablet, paid social and retargeting
- Significant organizational skills to work effectively in a fast paced environment demanding quick responses
- Strong presentation skills to garner support from marketing teams/leadership and persuade them on media recommendations
- Strong leadership abilities and experience managing teams and cross-functional work relationships, both internally and with external agency and media partners
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years of retail experience
- 2+ years of national brand experience