Title: Associate Planning Director
Overview Of Position
This position will be responsible for orchestrating brand planning, strategic planning and analytical activity for the brands, identifying opportunities to constantly improve the quality of thinking applied to client business.
Responsibilities & Key Tasks
- Analyze relevant consumer and market research applying findings to strategy development/providing agency pov.
- Attend research groups and research de-briefs.
- Develop creative strategy.
- Write/support account service team in writing of creative briefs.
- Lead creative briefings.
- Lead internal creative reviews.
- Work with analyst and account management team to produce periodic performance reports.
- Contribute to development of channel plans and digital ecosystems.
- Generate concept statements or propositions for use in research.
- Source information on Chinese consumer attitudes, behavior and demography that can provide a better perspective on target customers.
- Keep abreast of communications campaigns and new developments in products and services for key competitors in home market and other markets of relevance.
- Provide strategic implications section for competitive reviews prepared by account teams.
- Facilitate/attend client marketing/communications planning workshops as required
- Help develop activation ideas that address strategic opportunities or issues.
Support new business pitches as required.
- At least 7-10 years’ working experience in advertising agency working with multiple products, under a core brand.
- Being able to manage and motivate creative, clients and planners
- Possess commercial awareness and demonstrated business acumen
- Possess good verbal and written communication skills, both in Chinese and English
- Possess thorough market and industry knowledge – historical and current and to identify opportunities
- Possess thorough client knowledge – also client’s market and competitors information