EDITION Hotels combine the visionary genius of boutique hotelier Ian Schrager, the service delivery of a world-class luxury hotel, and the global reach of Marriott International to create an entirely new experience in the world of hospitality. Our hotels are stunning microcosms of the world’s top cities, featuring the finest in dining, entertainment, nightlife, and service to create an enchanting experience that makes your spirit soar!
But to create this magical experience, we need you.
EDITION is hiring warm, out-going, authentically amazing people who are looking for a place to work that inspires them, challenges them and makes them proud to come to work. A place where service comes from the heart, not from a handbook. A place that delivers a never-ending theatrical performance that continuously delights and enchants each and every one of our guests.
We invite you to join us today.
Food and Beverage Services
CHN-China-Shanghai-The Shanghai EDITION
Jul 3, 2017, 10:24:39 PM
Manages the overall beverage and night club operations, which includes all bars, lobby space and nightclub venues, including Bowling and Ice Skating. Monitors guest and employee satisfaction, maintaining standards and meeting or exceeding financial goals. Demonstrates knowledge and proficiency of all beverage standards and food standards where applicable. Develops and implements business plan for all bars and nightclub areas in conjunction with beverage / nightlife consultants and business partners where required. Acts as the nightlife duty manager where required and during high profile nightlife events.
Education And Experience
– High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the food and beverage or related professional area.
– 2-year degree from an accredited university in Food Service Management, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
– Previous experience of working with luxury food & beverage / nigfhtlife external consultants / business partners.
– Extensive experience in bar operations, preferable in a boutique or high-end bar or night club environment.
– Familiarity with the entertainment industry and demonstrated ability to deliver operational standards with high-profile clientele.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
– Developing And Maintaining Budgets
– Develops and manages all financial and Guest Satisfaction plans and actions for Beverage departments.
– Maintains a positive cost management index for beverage operations.
– Utilizes budgets to understand financial objectives.
– Develops and executes a comprehensive Bar and Night Club program leveraging knowledge of mixology and entertainment concepts to create a memorable and unique customer experience.
– Develops pre-opening sales and marketing goals and strategies, business positioning of the bar and night club, and other outlets, and ensures alignment with the brand business strategy.
– Executes the sales strategy and ensures bar/night club goals are met for both self and employees.
– Assesses market position and recommends product and service needs and changes necessary to meet sales and marketing objectives consistent with brand goals.
– Directs and manages sales to maximize profits.
– Develops and implements marketing policies, plans and procedures
– Leading Bar/Night Club Area Operations
– Directs security/doorman on degree of control of access to bar and night club areas.
– Understands beverage control including days on hand, perpetual inventory, bar pars, portion control, costs controls, beverage potentials, mix of sales analysis for beverage, issue & returns, food standards, and period end inventory.
– Monitors adherence to all liquor control policies and procedures (e.g., local, state, and country beverage and liquor laws).
– Implements agreed upon beverage policy and procedures throughout the hotel.
– Verifies compliance with all Bar/Night Club policies, standards and procedures.
– Verifies Bar/Night Clubs are in compliance of food handling and sanitation standards.
– Manages inventories according to budget and business levels.
– Manages the overall beverage and night club operations, which includes all bars, lobby space and nightclub venues, including Bowling and Ice Skating.
– Demonstrates knowledge and proficiency of all beverage standards and food standards where applicable.
– Develops and implements business plan for all bars and nightclub areas in conjunction with beverage / nightlife consultants and business partners where required.
Leading Bar/Night Club Area Team
– Trains employees on liquor control policies and procedures.
– Trains and direct employees in security and crowd control procedures and appropriate customer etiquette regarding access to Bar/Night Club areas.
– Supervises employeesing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
– Verifies employees understand expectations and parameters.
– Communicates critical information to the Bar, Night Club, and Pool area employees regarding events.
– Monitors Bars / Nightclub Managers and support employees.
– Covers Nightclub GM role in the absence of the Nightclub GM
– Manages the beverage departments / outlets.
– Supervises and manages employees. Manages all day-to-day operations. Understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees’ absence.
– Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial / business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
– Monitors all beverage, bar and nightclub operations.
– Creates and nurtures a property environment that emphasizes motivation, empowerment, teamwork, continuous improvement and a passion for providing service.
– Provides excellent customer service to all employees.
– Responds quickly and proactively to employee’s concerns.
– Provides a learning atmosphere with a focus on continuous improvement.
– Provides proactive coaching and counseling to team members.
– Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
Verifies and maintains the productivity level of employees.
– Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
– Provides the leadership, vision and direction to bring together and prioritize the departmental goals in a way that will be efficient and effective.
– Sets clear expectations with the employees and team leaders and ensures that appropriate rewards are given if expectations are exceeded.
– Acts as the nightlife duty manager where required and during high profile nightlife events.
Verifying Exceptional Customer Service
– Provides excellent customer service.
– Responds quickly and proactively to guest’s concerns.
– Understands the brand’s service culture.
– Verifies that all employees, team leaders and managers understand the brand’s service culture.
– Sets service expectations for all guests internally and externally.
– Takes ownership of a guest complaint/problem until it is resolved or it has been addressed by the appropriate Manager or Team Employee.
– Verifies all beverage / nightlife functions are up to standard and exceed guest’s expectations.
– Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
– Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
– Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
– Manages day-to-day operations, ensuring the quality, standards and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
– Managing And Conducting Employee Experience Activities
– Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
– Conducts performance reviews in a timely manner.
– Promotes both Guarantee of Fair Treatment and Open Door policies.
– Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaches, mentors, or otherwise helps others to improve their knowledge or skills.
– Identifies the educational needs of others, develops formal educational or training programs or classes, and teaches or instructs others.
– Develops an action plan to attack need areas and expand on strengths based on AES Guest Statifaction results.
– Partners with Employee Experience to attract, hire, train, develop, and retain the right people in order to support the strategic priorities of the market
– Verifies effective structures, processes, jobs and performance management systems are in place.
– Champions leadership development and workforce planning priorities by assessing, selecting, retaining and developing diverse, high-caliber talent that can lead the organization today and strengthen the leadership bench for the future; work with Employee Experinec to anticipate future talent needs based on business growth plans.
– Manages payroll process, holidays, absences by utilizing the properties appoipriate systems.
– Complies with all corporate accounting procedures.
– Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
– Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
– Verifies effective departmental communication and information systems through logs, department meetings and property meetings.
– Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.