Research has been part of Airbnb from the beginning, ever since Paul Graham told the Airbnb founders, “go to your users.” As designers, the founders embraced this advice and got on a plane to meet with Airbnb hosts that very weekend. Since those early days, the value of research has been baked into Airbnb’s product culture.
The Research team’s mission is to provide the robust, rich, and actionable research that product teams need at every stage of the product development cycle. As a product specialist, you do that by connecting Product teams to the rich data that comes through Customer Experience (CX) contacts and our external feedback channels.
You have deep empathy for our users and develop data-driven product expertise. You triage and prioritize technical issues, and you identify ways to improve the user experience. You love simplifying really complicated problems, translating technical and/or legal jargon into everyday language, and communicating impact.
Your work is focused on deriving insights from CX support tickets, bug reports, and user feedback. And you are at the front lines of delivering insights from around the world, making Airbnb a truly global/local product. No small feat when Airbnb is in 192 countries! We are hiring across all levels of experience and this position is based in San Francisco.
- Deliver customer insights to key Product stakeholders
- You get this done by working in the following areas:
- Technical and Experience Bugs: own bug reporting and communication in a specific product area
- Data Analysis: gather, analyze, and slice and dice CX ticket data to understand problems and opportunities for improvement
- Feedback: triage, respond to, and follow-up on product feedback
- Work closely with cross-functional stakeholders to deliver insights and support internal communication of Product changes to CX
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2+ years experience in a product specialist/product support field or similar, relevant customer support work
- Experience with Jira ticketing platform
- Ability to analyze and synthesize data from a wide variety of sources
- Experience managing projects involving cross-functional teams
- Experience with cross-cultural products
- Strong communication, critical thinking, analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience with SQL and routine querying
- Flexible and can deal effectively with changes in priorities or ambiguity
- Knowledge of the product we offer and has maybe even hosted a few times on Airbnb
- General experience working in an international and multicultural working environment with geographically dispersed teams