- Undergraduate degree; Advanced degree or MBA is preferred
- 6+ years of global purchasing experience for large organizations, preferably in Automotive, IT/High-tech, Industrial/Consumer Goods, or Retail sector
- Strong foundational knowledge of purchasing and strategic sourcing principles such as: TCO, supplier collaboration, design to cost, risk management, price leverage, organizational design, global sourcing, etc.
- Experience assessing and driving transformational improvements across purchasing and sourcing organizations.
- Experience in business strategy planning a plus
- Proven leader with the ability to inspire others, build strong relationships, and create a true followership
- Collaborative team player, capable of working well with others, but also autonomously with little direction
- Superior analytical, quantitative and conceptual thinking
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Entrepreneurial and result-driven achiever
- Bachelors degree, ideally in engineering field
- Fluent English and Mandarin
Who You’ll Work With
You’ll work with McKinsey’s Operations practice one of our Greater China offices. Our Operations practice assists our clients in solving complex operational challenges. Blending strategic thinking with hands-on practicality, our teams of consultants and experts work to develop and implement operational strategies that solve our clients’ most critical problems.
McKinsey’s Purchasing & Supply Management Service Line is committed to helping clients transform their purchasing and supply management organizations as well as in operational problem-solving across the business enterprise. This often involves fundamentally changing the corporate organization and culture to embrace lasting change. Our teams mobilize the client by engaging with client teams led by their senior management and staffed by their top talent aggressively to pursue operational improvement.
What You’ll Do
You’ll be a thought leader and skilled practitioner, focused on helping our clients transform their procurement organizations while simultaneously solving operational issues across the business enterprise.
In this client-facing role, you’ll play a key part in driving process improvement, delivering successful business results, and developing broad based strategies for a diverse set of clients. Examples of the type of work associated this role could include defining new organizational structures and processes by upgrading line and staff skills, changing the structure of reporting relationships, developing improved processes, and/or instituting rigorous performance-monitoring systems.
You will typically work in teams of 3 – 5 consultants, making an important contribution to the analysis, design, and implementation of business performance approaches, developing tailor-made solutions and working closely with clients to ensure positive impact and sustainable results. This includes gathering and analyzing information, formulating and testing hypotheses, and developing recommendations to present to clients. From there, you will implement those recommendations with client team members. In addition, you will work in cooperation with our worldwide network of consultants to shape McKinsey’s thinking in this area, continuously developing your own knowledge, as well as that of the firm.