Make a Lasting Impression. Join Tapestry, the first New York-based house of modern luxury lifestyle brands. A successful career at Tapestry is built on hard work, determination and a genuine passion for what you do. At Tapestry, you are part of a global house of brands that is built around our shared values of optimism, innovation and inclusivity. We believe anyone from anywhere can have the best idea, and with creativity and perseverance, anything is possible.
Whether it be Coach, Stuart Weitzman or Kate Spade, each of our great brands around the world helps people express themselves in their own unique ways.
Primary Purpose: to identify, prioritize and secure new Business Development opportunities in order to accelerate the multi-channel distribution consistent with Tapestry’s Brand Strategy.
The successful individual will leverage their proficiency in Business Development to
- Develop and implement the China Business Development Plan in partnership with VP, Business Development to deliver on performance, growth and key initiatives.
- Support optimize the opportunity of existing stores, prioritize resources negotiate renew, expansion and renovation existing stores become modern luxury store.
- Provide expertise on building independent relationships with brand management, market peers, real estate agents, landlords, etc.
- Influence landlords and department stores to contribute capital and/or marketing launch, VIP program support
- Negotiate business terms according to Coach’s requirements, cooperate with legal department on finalizing leases/consignments
- Originate new concepts and innovative market opportunities / trends, new channel of the market, such as travel retail business, wholesale opportunity
- Explore and identify opportunity and priority markets, develop specific plans to drive business performance.
- Work with the VP, Business Development to formulate strategies to align with market direction, keep constant evaluation and review, and work with BD support team to identify additional requirements to close the opportunity.
- Promote advanced teamwork between business development team with cross functions team and partners, to complete Business Development initiatives and achieve the results.
- Work with global and local teams to develop and execute unique campaigns or initiatives to develop specific market opportunities, or overcome unique challenges.
- Inspire, lead and drive the passion for business development.
The accomplished individual will possess…
- B.S. / B.A. degree in Business (or other related degree programs), MBA preferred
- 5 – 8 years of retail business development experience or real estate consulting experience
- Demonstrated success of leading project teams to achieving Marco market analysis methods
- Highly self-motivated with the ability to drive change in a global decentralized organization with minimum supervision
- Champions best practice processes, tools, and commitment to provide quality support to cross function service
- Strong leadership, communication and prioritization skills and results oriented
- Excellent interpersonal skills and oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skill and knowledge of retail match & architectural drawing reading