The Manager of Strategic Tourism Initiatives, China will collaborate and partner with the Director – Global Chinese Sales Strategy as well as the Managing Director of China to identify, develop, and execute strategies for the outbound Chinese tourist.
This role will partner with functional leadership teams, including Marketing, Merchandising, and Public Relations to develop appropriate intiatives and partnerships focusing on the outbound Chinese tourist, based on the key touchpoints of the Chinese tourist journey. This role will also contribute and share their knowledge of the outbound Chinese tourist across global key Chinese customer markets. This position will negotiate contracts and build relationships with external businesses in support of understanding and increasing Chinese tourist activities in key markets. This person will act as the Chinese tourist subject matter expert and must stay abreast of current shopping and travel trends in luxury retail.
- Bachelor’s Degree, MBA preferred
- Bilingual- Mandarin and English
- Demonstrated expertise in project management & strategic partnerships
- Deep understanding of the global luxury experience
- Strong network of Chinese business contacts
- Strong presentation skills (verbal and written), the ability to present to senior leaders
- Previous travel industry experience preferred