The Global Durable Segment Director will define & execute insight driven strategies to leverage scale and create competitive advantage to deliver worldwide Durable AOP (Sales, GP%). The ideal candidate will drive product/service road-map and commercial approach to become Customer Preferred (end user & converter). The role will report to the VP/GM of the North Asia Pacific business, with a dotted line to the Regional Marketing Lead.
In addition to the above, you will establish capabilities to execute short & long term strategies in Automotive, Electronics and Industrial segments and identify big ideas for the Durables segment that help expand the business into new areas. Examples could include, research studies, new segment opportunities, new innovations, M&A ideas, etc.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
· Drive deep end user engagement leading to actionable insights, innovation & BD outcomes.
· Define channel needs, primary buying preferences & roadmap to become Customer Preferred. Ensure a strong connection with key global accounts
· Develop / execute Strat Plan & AOP for Worldwide Durables, including Industrial (inc. Tire, Drum, Petro & Core PET/PP) , Electronics (Mobile Ph, Adjacencies) & Automotive segment plans
· Leverage 1AD (one Avery Dennison) synergies and collaborate across divisions (in particular with Industrial and Healthcare Materials)
· Create and update global Product, Service / Value add (ie. compliance) Roadmap. Coordinate and drive execution of this roadmap.
· Establish capabilities (organization, technology, assets, service, QA, other) to execute our strategy
· Leverage expertise/best practice to maximize regional productivity & customer responsiveness
· Chair monthly call with regional durable/cross functional leaders & drive OGSM/metrics
· Provide value-add input to regional strategies and uncover potential conflicts between regional approaches and facilitate alignment (e.g. by bringing people on one table, recommending solutions/compromises and if necessary escalating the issue to the global leadership team)
· Lead global product initiatives (e.g. Advanced Acrylics ) and act as contact for global R&D projects concerning the Durable product line
· Maintain ongoing relationship with Procurement to understand global raw materials developments and drive sourcing strategy
· Define what pieces of Marcom are global and develop the corresponding plan with the regions
· Facilitate and drive M&A pipeline in durables and close adjacencies
· Provide feedback to regional Leaders on LDR and succession planning with whom they contact
· Provide updates to Global Marketing Leadership Team (GMLT) as needed
· Deep understanding of Automotive and/or Electronics segments, channels & Aver Dennison’s product portfolio
· Strong internal network across multiple regions
· Thought leader with strong strategic thinking
· Experience working across different regions
· Ability to facilitate and influence a global team & stakeholders
· Ability to travel globally (about 4-6 x per year)