Help The LEGO® Group grow in one of our most dynamic markets!
Have you always wanted to unleash your creativity and project management skills with a dynamic career? Do you aspire to make a difference in the lives of children through campaigns? If yes, hesitate no more, as here is your chance!
The LEGO Agency
The LEGO Agency is a newly formed part of the organisation which focuses on delivering best-in-class campaigns, insights-driven and fit-for-purpose solutions across the LEGO group, covering four main regions The Americas, Emerging Asia, China, and Asia Pacific (APAC).
The LEGO Agency Asia, serving the Asia markets, covers both China and APAC markets. It is focused on developing campaigns for the whole Asia region with a special focus on China, such as occasion campaigns, amplifying global campaigns, and offers the full value chain from campaign strategies to final in-store solutions.
The Copy Writer position will report to the Creative Director, LEGO Agency Asia, and will be based in Shanghai.
Your tasks will include
- Manage all copywriting projects for the LEGO Agency in China and APAC region
- Deep understanding of Chinese culture and language is required
- Ability to work well within a creative team of art directors, graphic designers, and strategic partners
- Understanding of both on and offline advertising platforms – able to write for diverse audiences, styles, and formats.
- Student of inspiring advertising and communication trends
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines
- Strong communication skills and ability to present concepts to creative directors and clients
The Must Have’s and the Nice to Have’s for the role
You must have
- 4-7 years of relevant experience in copywriting at least
- Strong portfolio of past work and big ideas (previous experience on global brands a plus)
- Native proficiency in Mandarin (spoken and written)
- Strong cultural understanding of Mainland China and master of Mandarin word-play
- Background in traditional or digital advertising agency, previous position within copy role
It would be nice for you to have
- Bachelor Degree in creative writing, journalism, or other relevant field
- Or experience in the School of Life at an Advertising Agency
- English proficiency Advanced
- Mandarin proficiency Advanced
How to applyJoin the global family of The LEGO® GroupThe LEGO® Group recruits and develops people entirely on merit. If you are confident you have what it takes to succeed in this role – and you share our commitment to creativity, collaboration and quality – use the APPLY NOW button above or below.
BRINGING IT TO LIFE
- “Being part of LEGO® in Asia is exhilarating. It is our fastest-growing market, so new ideas are crucial to keep the momentum going as we develop out here. We have to be creative every day. It is a real buzz to see our teams getting bigger and our global footprint growing. You’re really supported to achieve at here I’ve never worked anywhere that has a more collaborative, family-feel to it.”
- Vicky Qu, Operations Director Shanghai