First, let’s start with a few questions.
Passionate about content?
Equally as passionate about technology?
Able to tell the difference between good and great when it comes to content?
Picky about words to the point that even the smalles spelling mistake will irk you?
Looking to work for a fast paced, cutting-edge tech company?
Yes to all?? Alright then, let’s talk. The Alibaba Cloud Content Strategy Team are looking for talented tech-minded content professionals to help grow our team into a world-class content outfit. If this sounds like an opportunity you’d be interested in, apply below with your latest CV and recent examples of your work.
But first, a little more about us
Established in 2009, Alibaba Cloud (www.alibabacloud.com), the cloud computing arm of Alibaba Group, is among the world’s top 3 IaaS providers according to Gartner, China’s largest provider of public cloud services and the number four player globally in the IaaS market by revenue in 2016, according to IDC.
As a content professional, we’re sure you’ve heard many different definitions of what ‘Content Strategy’ is and what the role of a ‘Content Strategist’ actually entails. Well, here is how we define the main roles and responsibilities of the Content Strategists in our team:
- To be the flag bearer for content excellence by developing Alibaba Cloud International’s (www.alibabacloud.com) high-level concept design from a content & storytelling perspective.
- Design and implement content standards, quality assurance systems and content governance processes.
- Develop and implement long term content marketing strategies for our core online content channels.
- Work with internal teams and external agencies to plan, create and implement innovative and engaging audience-focused content.
- Research content gaps and use available resources to plan, implement and drive content strategies.
- Act as the guardian of the content style guide by ensuring all content adheres to our brand tone & voice.
- Analyze and track content data to discover and communicate actionable insights.
- Responsible for managing outsourced content vendors and ensuring all projects are delivered on time and within budget
Desired Skillsets & Experience
We welcome a range of different talents and professional backgrounds, but here are a few desired skills and experience that we just don’t budge on:
- Fanatical about good content.
- Minimum of BA/BS degree in a marketing, content or technology related field.
- 5+ years of work experience (3+ years in a content position).
- Passionate and knowledgeable about technology.
- Excellent writing, researching, proofreading and editing skills.
- Data driven and knowledgeable of basic data analytics tools.
- Understands content marketing, content strategy and user experience design.
- Culturally sensitive and has the ability to work effectively across different cultures.
- Gets stuff done! An excellent communicator who can put theory into practice and drives home projects.
- Ability to write and communicate flawlessly in English. Excellent Mandarin is a much welcomed bonus.