Imagine a world where you can pick up and leave a bike at your convenience. Enter Mobike: a bike sharing service to fulfill urban short trips – anytime, to any legal parking destination – combining innovation and today’s IoT (Internet of Things) tech. Mobike is green, reduces congestion, and improves the quality of city life. Above all – it’s a beautifully made bike!
Mobike is looking for a bilingual International PMO to work in Beijing and project manage Int’l city launches and other related projects for the international business.
● Facilitate launches in new markets from HQ;
● Assist with operationalizing and supporting new Mobike cities within a tight timeframe.
● Regional coordination representation through liaising and understanding local team needs and following through with HQ stakeholders
It takes a mixture of execution-focused perseverance, effective communication, analytical sense, and pure hustle to not just open a Mobike city, but to sustain and grow the local operation as a key link in HQ. This role entails communicating and understanding the world through a Mobike lens, combined with the motivation to grow Mobike markets from the ground up.
This position will offer the opportunity to gain experience across departments, and develop cross-functional skills at a fast-growing tech startup. The PMO will liaise closely with local city teams, support requests to key internal teams, and coordinate meetings with stakeholders. The PMO will be expected to advise on market entry strategies and local operations planning for the respective markets covered, including informing decisions for market goals.
The ideal candidate will possess strong analytical, writing, investigative, interpersonal and communication skills, and have the ability to work as a team player as part of a diverse, fast-paced, goal-oriented team.
Strong candidates must have:
● Start-up drive – must be able to think fast, not fold under pressure, and thrive in a demanding environment
● Problem-solving and logical reasoning ability
● Excellent people skills; the ability to identify, network, and utilize communication with core functions for the project’s purpose
● Project management and planning experience as part of a team or as an individual
● Must be detail-oriented, responsible, and have showcased the ability to follow through a project from start to finish
● Must have excellent written and interpersonal skills
● Fluent in English and must be proficient in Mandarin Chinese
● 2+ years of project management-related experience
● Demonstrable record creating, executing, and tracking a marketing plan.
● Prior experience engaging cross-functional teams.
● Experience in a less structured, less organized startup environment.
● MBA/Masters degree preferred