Main Purpose and Job Scope:
This job contributes to the success of Starbucks Channel Development team by facilitating the development of end-to-end innovation of new Ready To Drink products and packaging for the China marketplace.
Act as the lead on cross-functional teams (SCO, Category, Sales, Creative, R&D, QA, Regulatory, Legal, etc.) responsible for the successful commercialization of new RTD products or product transitions.
Manage and coordinate all activities from initial concept to launch to handoff to co-manufacturing operations to deliver a satisfactory flow of products to meet customer demands.
Apply contemporary project management techniques and new product introduction techniques to execute product launches. Work effectively with all levels of employees within the function, across functions and with multiple suppliers.
Represent product innovation projects during regular leadership meetings both internal and external.
Operate, drive results and set priorities independently, with little direction. Drive improvement to the quality and speed of product launches, identifying critical issues and driving solutions.
Key Accountabilities Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Leadership Highly effective leadership, negotiation, influencing, motivation, coordination, collaboration, and communication skills across a diverse globally matrixed organization; Monitor project execution to ensure that key milestones and performance parameters are met and that projects are delivered effectively and on time to achieve the overall goal and objectives of the program;
- Extremely organized, able to work independently, multi-task and manage complex projects in a highly dynamic environment;
- Strategic thinker, with well developed leadership behaviors for problem solving and driving process innovation;
- Planning and Execution Apply industry based standard project management and product development methodologies to manage multiple long range work flows for projects and portfolios.
- Work cross-functionally with business partners, suppliers and other teams to ensure successful execution of each project.
- Ensure all project teams understand and work toward accomplishing the business vision, goals and objectives for each project.
- Analyze, evaluate and address project interdependencies and their impacts to each other. Ensure effective regular and consistent communication to ensure all project teams and suppliers have clear objectives, timelines, and milestones consistent with each project objective.
- Ensure that critical issues are identified, communicated, escalated as needed, and addressed in a timely manner to reduce impact to launch timing.
- Clearly communicate project status, risks, and scope creep with impact to all stakeholders on a regular basis.
Summary of Experience:
- New Product Introduction project-based roles, process improvement or project management practices within a supply chain.
- 8 years Experience in multi-market, multi-channel product launches – 8 years Application of industry-based project management and new product development methodologies and tools, including all elements of scope, time, cost, risk, quality, integration, procurement, human resources and communication
- 8 years Relevant experience in multiple areas of expertise within Manufacturing or Supply Chains, such as Production Planning, Engineering, Project Management, Manufacturing or related fields, preferably in the Food, Pharmaceutical or Consumer Packaged Goods Industry
- 5 years Building and leading teams
- 8 years Experience as a mentor to other team members or supply chain management professionals 3 years
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities :
- Ability to communicate effectively in both Chinese and English with all levels of the organization including internal senior management and external supplier senior management .
- Ability to clearly communicate project status and risks with impact to all stakeholders on a regular basis Excellent interpersonal, written, oral communicating skills and problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with domestic and international partners and suppliers Ability to work collaboratively and lead domain expertise within a team environment of cross-functional peers
- Highly motivated, credible, self-driven professional whose sense of urgency, leadership and good judgment drive the success of new product introduction projects
- Ability to influence stakeholders
- Ability to lead multi-faceted teams, provide clear priorities and expectations.
- Ability to drive change and adjust to significant change .
- Ability to make decisions or drive others to decide, including senior leadership, in an uncertain environment with fast changing priorities
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, think on their feet, and execute with speed .
- Ability to effectively lead teams, including through times of significant ambiguity